What factors should I consider when choosing a power generator?
Among the types of generators that can be found, first, we distinguish between single and three phase.
- Monophasic : Suitable for home use, generates a single phase 220v is using household appliances.
- Three-phase : generate a three-phase current, used in specific equipment.
Among the generators we can choose between two types of engine, according to our needs.
- 2 times : powered generators are based on a mixture of gasoline and oil. They suitable mainly for lighting, are the most economical option. Rather, life is less and have a noise level and greater than 4 times the vibration generators.
- 4 times : Provide greater power than two times with less noise and vibration. In turn generators with 4-stroke engine are divided into two types:
- Diesel generators : Operation through a 4-stroke diesel engine has the advantages longer life than gasoline generators and lower consumption. On the contrary they are noisier and heavier than gasoline. In turn, diesel generators can in turn be 3000 or 1500 rpm. The 1500 rpm are suitable for periods of uninterrupted operation.
- Generators petrol 4 stroke : They are characterized by a lower level of noise than diesel and are lighter. They also have different runtimes, although not support permanent operation.
Before choosing an electric generator diesel or gasoline, the first thing we think of is the use we will give you, like when we buy a car.
In the case of continuous use but optimally choose a diesel generator.
If you only use it for short periods, gasoline, it is the most economical and cost effective choice compared to diesel.
Advantages and disadvantages of diesel generators.
- Less consumption and longer engine life.
- Greater autonomy (even without mains).
- Refuelling more comfortable.
- Suitable for long periods of use and boats.
- high noise level.
- Greater cost.
Advantages of electric generators gasoline.
- 2 or 4 stroke (piston), the first
indicated for use for lighting, while the second support greater electrical charge.
- Suitable for short periods (hours, days ...).
- Optimal for private use.
- Low noise level.
- Less weight than diesel.
- less expensive repairs.
- Greater consumption.